This section of the website is currently under construction.
City of Bradenton Building Division
101 Old Main St., Bradenton, FL 34205
Hours: 7:30-4:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday and 7:30-3:30 p.m. Friday
For General Information about the Building Division, click here. Continue reading below for News & Updates.
BUILDING DIVISION NEWS & UPDATES
**NOTICE TO ALL CONTRACTORS**
Florida law requires the Commission to update the Florida Building Code every three years, and the Florida Building Code, Sixth Edition (2017) represents the fifth update of the Code.
The update process is based on the code development cycle of the national model building codes, which serve as the “foundation” codes for the Florida Building Code. At the April 14, 2015 meeting the Commission initiated the 2017 Code Update process by voting to adopt the 2015 International Codes and 2014 NEC as foundation codes for the Florida Building Code, Sixth Edition (2017).
The process will conclude when the Florida Building Code 6th Edition becomes effective on December 31, 2017.
♦ School Impact Fee Update: The Department of Planning & Community Development has updated the Impact Fee schedule to shpw an increase to the School Board Impact Fee that was put into effect on Nov. 13, 2017, by the Manatee County School Board. Click here for more information.
♦ Effective Jan. 11, 2018: Public Works inspections and/ord plans review will no longer be required for Single-family Residential Permits.
♦ Check Your Zone! Refer to the City of Bradenton Zoning Atlas prior to submitting any Plan Submittals or Permit Application, both residential and commercial. Some areas of the City are subject to ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN regulations and review. These areas are:
- Form-based Code Area (City of Bradenton Form-based Code)
- Antiques Overlay District (City of Bradenton Form-based Code, Article 4.15.3)
- Historic Overlay District (City of Bradenton Form-based Code, Article 4.15.1)
- Village of the Arts Overlay District (City of Bradenton Form-based Code, Article 4.15.4)
- Point Pleasant Neighborhood Conservation District (City of Bradenton Form-based Code, Article 4.16.1)
- Urban Village (City of Bradenton Land Use Regulations, Chapter 6)
For Information, contact the Development Services & Zoning Division.