Skip to main content.
The Friendly City
To Open a Temporary Hydrant/Construction Account


Temporary Hydrant or Construction meters shall be installed for no longer than 180 days.  The person(s) desiring such a meter shall first apply to the Public Works Department using the attached form which will be processed at the Utilities Customer Service office.

A deposit is required that is at least equal to but not less than replacement cost of all equipment used.

The meter will be read and billed accordingly every month in service.

The meter and the appropriate RPZ shall be installed, monitored, read and finally removed or re-located by City of Bradenton utility employees only.

The meter will be automatically removed after the time limit has expired unless authorization has been obtained from the Director of Public Works or his designee for an extension.